Avoid Brain Fatigue with 5 Chinese Herbs
Are you constantly feeling tired?
Do you find it difficult to achieve a sustained life-energy balance?
If that is the case, then you are not alone in suffering this predicament. Thousands of people are plagued by fatigue issues that makes it difficult to accomplish even the most simple of tasks.
When Caffeine Stops Working…Chinese Herbs can help
What’s even more perplexing is that, for many people, coffee or other caffeinated products begin to loose their effect. Those who used to take coffee or another source of caffeine every time they felt low or needed an energy boost come to find that their bodies have grown resistant to the magical powers of coffee/caffeine.
Fortunately for you, Chinese herbs and formulas exist to help you in this regard. Full of naturally occurring energy supplements and compounds, Chinese herbs provide sustained energy levels, vitality and focus for the entire day and, at the same time, facilitate clear thinking without excessive stimulation.
Avoid your regular intake of coffee, sugar boost or red bull as all these have harmful effects to your body in the long run. Instead, try the following Chinese herbs and formulas that are neither over-stimulating, habit-forming or inhibiting of normal bodily functions.
These herbs can be taken as teas, powders or as independent patent formulas specifically designed to increase your energy levels.
Cordyceps (Dong Chong Xia Cao)
Cordyceps, most commonly referred to as the “ginseng of mushrooms” is a powerful Chinese herb that has been used for centuries to cure illness and restore the body to wellness. It has amazing capabilities to build your endurance and stamina to engage in strenuous activities by increasing your body’s production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP); a nucleotide used as a source of energy in cellular reactions.
It also increases the efficiency at which your body utilizes oxygen. Proper utilization of oxygen yields more energy for you and this makes Cordyceps ideal in boosting energy levels in the body.
**Important fact: The effectiveness of this herb gained worldwide attention when a couple of Chinese athletes smashed records during the 1992 Olympic Games. Authorities at the games suspected that the athletes had used performance enhancing drugs but further testing yielded negative results on doping. The athletes later revealed that Cordyceps extracts helped them perform better. Cordyceps are definitely the real deal. (For more on this see: Cordyceps for Sports Performance: The Latest Research)
Shisandra Fruit (Wu Wei Zi)
Shisandra berries are the fruits of a vine tree commonly found in Northern China and in some parts of Russia. The berries are usually taken when dried and they can be used to make soothing herbal teas.
Shisandra berries have been used since the ancient times in Traditional Chinese Medicine and they are considered among the 50 fundamental Chinese herbs. They are used as a restorative adaptogen that boosts the energy levels in your body, increases endurance and physical performance. With increased energy levels, moving about and engaging in your daily activities becomes easy. This promotes youthfulness and prevents early aging.
Other health benefits of Shisandra include regulation of blood pressure, normalization of blood sugar levels, improving mental performance and increasing the body’s resistance to stress. All these factors make Shisandra one of the most valuable Chinese herbs. This is one of the main ingredients in Plum Dragon Herbs’ Super Antioxidant Longevi-Tea.
Siberian Ginseng (Ci Wu Jia)
Siberian ginseng is one of the most valuable herbs in TCM. It is valuable for its energizing as well as health boosting benefits. Siberian ginseng contains strength building compounds known as ginsenosides in abundance making it one of the best adaptogens in TCM. It has tonic effects on the lungs and the spleen, two organs that aid in extracting energy from the food substances we consume.
Studies also indicate that Siberian ginseng works to improve the immune system when it is consumed on a regular basis.
Yerba Mate Tea
Yerba mate tea contains caffeine just like coffee, and, therefore, has those stimulating and energy boosting effects that we have come to associate with coffee. The levels of caffeine in Yerba mate tea are at a natural and much less damaging level. This special herbal tea formula stimulates the brain and the entire nervous system gently and more mildly than the traditional coffee.
Yerba mate tea is therefore a great and healthier alternative to coffee for those exhausted by stress and those seeking a boost in their energy levels.
Reishi Mushroom (Ling Zhi)
Reishi mushroom a powerful herb that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to “calm the spirit” and to protect the body from the effects that mental and physical stress can have on the human body over time. When consumed on a regular basis Reishi mushroom calms and the nervous system, strengthens the immune system and builds your tolerance to stress and anxiety.
With all these functions, Reishi mushroom plays an important role in promoting proper health and development and this goes a long way in boost the energy levels in your body.
Plum Dragon offers Reishi Mushroom capsules and two great energy enhancing Traditional Chinese Medicine teas that contain Reishi mushroom: Reishi & Astragalus Chai Training Tea and Reishi-Green Chai Training Tea
Other complementary ways to boost energy:
- Rhodiola Rosea – Rhodiola Rosea is full of natural compounds that boost your energy levels and increase your endurance to physical and mental stresses. It is a powerful adaptogen that helps your body deal with the stresses that threaten to throw it off balance.
- Wheatgrass Shot – Wheatgrass promotes efficient delivery of oxygen within the bloodstream. This enhances the process of breaking down food to release energy and this gives you the bust of energy needed to effectively go about your chores.
- Ashwagandha root. – Ashwagandha is a powerful herb that has lots of vitality-boosting benefits to your body and mind. It stabilizes your mind and promotes optimal physical well-being.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a high-protein superfood that is full of energy boosting benefits. It improves the immune system by promoting the development of healthy digestive bacteria.
- Maca Root – Maca root is full of healthy mineral ions and vitamins such as zinc, magnesium and copper as well as vitamins B1, B2, C & E. Maca root increases the energy levels in your body as it stabilizes your blood sugar level.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider contains potassium and other essential enzymes that help banish fatigue. A glass every morning supplies you with enough energy for the entire day.
- Probiotics – Probiotics help restore the balance of bacteria with the gut. Reduced bacteria within the gut causes chronic fatigue.
- Magnesium– Magnesium mineral ions are responsible for proper muscle functionality. Deficiency of magnesium leads constant fatigue and muscle cramps.
Latest posts by Lisa Ball (see all)
- Avoid Brain Fatigue with 5 Chinese Herbs - March 8, 2017
- Two Word-Renowned Studies Prove Traditional Chinese Medicine Really Works - March 7, 2017