Dit Da Jow - An introduction by Plum Dragon Herbs
Watch as Plum Dragon founder and expert Josh Walker takes you through a quick, easy-to-understand tour of the uses and benefits of Dit Da Jow.
What is Dit Da Jow?
Dit Da Jow, roughly translated, means “hit fall wine.”
It is a created by soaking specific herbal blends in alcohol. Once it’s aged enough, it’s used as a liniment (an herbal liquid applied to skin for topical pain relief.)
What’s Dit Da Jow For?
The primary uses of Dit Da Jow are:
- Healing (bruises, strains, sprains, etc)
- Conditioning (strengthening the tissues affected by impact: skin, muscle, connective tissue, and bone.)
It has been used most widely by martial artists, but many athletes in other high contact sports have discovered its benefits, along with fitness enthusiasts who train intensely and want to be able to train more often without being sidelined by the effects of overtraining.
How Does Dit Da Jow Work?
Dit Da Jow formulas utilize a combination of ingredients with synergistic properties.
Two of the primary modes of action in Dit Da Jow healing formulas are:
- Reducing Inflammation (which is the cause of swelling, sensitivity, and decreased range of motion)
- Increasing Circulation (helps bring fresh healing nutrient and drive out stagnating fluid surrounding the injury)
There are many more possible effects from Dit Da Jow than just these two–it all depends on the formula.
How Do I Use Dit Da Jow for Topical Pain Relief?
- Cup your palm and drop a small amount in the center (usually less than a dropper)
- Deeply massage it into the skin, as though you are trying to push it through the skin and into the tissues below. Don’t merely spread it around like lotion.
- With very sensitive areas, begin gently and cautiously and slowly increase your application pressure.
- When the Jow is absorbed, repeat with a second application.
Which formula should I use?
If you are new to the world of Dit Da Jow, there are three main formulas for pain and injury.
- Bruise Juice: This formula is best for fresh injuries with major bruising and swelling. This is a strong anti-inflammatory and can be used for all kinds of inflammation and pain connected with a fresh injury, bruise, welt, sprain or strain.
- The Ho Family Dit Da Jow: This choice is best for all other injuries that have moved beyond the bruising/inflammation stage. This is the best choice for muscle injuries, tendonitis, and pain related to injury or post-surgical/post-trauma recovery, including nerve pain.
- Ancestors Advanced Conditioning formula: This formula is best for arthritic pain and pain associated with other degenerative conditions. It is also best for very old injuries that have not been able to heal properly.
For a brief comparison chart on these three formulas and a quick check out process: click HERE.
Are There Any Reasons Why I Should Get My Dit Da Jow from Plum Dragon?
Authentic Ingredients – We have scoured the world of herbal suppliers to determine to best quality sources for authentically produced ingredients, some of which can be very hard to get. (You certainly won’t find them in cute bottles at your local Rite-Aid.)
Genuine Production with a Pure Lineage – We have a long history with many martial arts schools, both the well-known to the unknown, ancient and contemporary. We have mastered the production process, preserving the genuine lineage of each formula’s tradition.
Rare Access to Publically Unavailable Secrets – Some have requested secret formulas, hand-written in Chinese, that aren’t available anywhere else. (We have agreed to keep their formulas secret; however, we can make their Jow available for use.)
Do this for long enough and you start to notice patterns. You notice what’s different in the secret formulas and why they’re so protected. This has empowered us to be serious innovators in the field of Dit Da Jow production, engineering some new blends that have thrilled a number of our long term clients.
Learn more about our top three Dit Da Jow formulas by clicking the “learn more” button below: