He Shou Wu Capsules, Fo-Ti (Plum Flower Brand)
Polygonum Multiflorum Root
Plum Flower Brand 100 cap/bt
|Standard Dosage||2-3 capsules daily|
|Ingredients (Pin Yin)||He shou wu|
|Ingredients (Botanical)||Polygonum multiflorum root|
|Other Ingredients (Botanical)||Vegetarian capsule, Dextrin, Magnesium stearate|
He Shou Wu is known for the following therapeutic actions:
1. Replenishes Jing (Essence) and nourishes the blood of the Liver and Kidney. Signs of Jing deficiencies include dizziness, blurred vision, grey hair, soreness and weakness of the lower back and knees, and weakness of reproductive energy.
2. Aids in the elimination of toxins.
3. Moistens the intestines and helps to unblock the bowels. Helps restore regular elimination, eliminating constipation.
4. Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels and supports optimal heart health.
Clinical Studies and Research:
Dr. Tsai Wen-Qi states that the use of He Shou Wu promotes healthy hair growth and increases sperm count and mobility.
According to one report, 141 patients with insomnia were treated with both intramuscular injection and oral ingestion of He Shou Wu for 20-30 days with marked improvement in 44.7% of the patients. The overall rate of effectiveness was 98.6%. (Zhong Cao Yao Tong Xun, Journal of Chinese Herbal Medicine, 1974; 5:38)
Possible Side Effects/Interactions:
- Diarrhea or loose stools is one of the main side effects, but this side effect is minimized by using processed He Shou Wu.
- He Shou Wu should not be combined with Ci Shi (Magnetitum), Dai Zhe Shi (Haematitum), Yu Yu Liang (Limontium) or Sheng Tie Luo (Frusta Ferri).
- He Shou Wu should be used with caution in patients with spleen deficiency, loose stools, or diarrhea. It is not suitable for patients with dampness or phlegm.