Plum Flower Brand Cordyceps BioMass Powder, 100 gram bottle. Unsulfured.
Cordyceps Mycelium BioMass Powder, Dong Chong Xia Cao – 100g Bottle
Available on backorder
Available on backorder
Plum Flower Brand Cordyceps BioMass Powder, 100 gram bottle
Properties: Sweet, Warm
Channels Entered: Lung, Kidney
Dong Chong Xia Cao / Cordyceps has historically been known for these therapeutic actions:
- tonifying lungs and kidneys
- augments jing
- kidney yang and jing deficiencies: generalized soreness, lower back and knee weakness and pain, spermatorrhea, frequent urination, nocturnal emissions, impotence, premature ejaculation, tinnitus, forgetfulness and poor memory.
- strengthening adrenal glands
- increasing sexual vitality, increase sperm count and sperm motility
- relieving bronchitis / emphysema – dilates and relaxes bronchial muscles
- chronic tracheitis
- allergic rhinitis
- reducing blood sugar and blood fat
- lowering blood pressure
- improving blood circulation
- enhance immune system
- relax heart spasms
- invigorate energy levels while keeping one relaxed
- exercise-induced asthma
- chronic respiratory disorders / chronic cough
- improve duration and quality of sleep
- decrease oxygen requirement of cardiac muscles
- antibiotic against Staphylococcal, Streptococcal, Bacillus Anthracis, and some dermatophytes.
**Excellent for convalescents or those who are extremely weak**
Common dosage: 5 to 10 grams in decoction, pill or powder form
Clinical Studies and Research:
- Sexual dysfunction: A study of 197 patients with sexual disorders were treated with 1 gram of Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily for 40 days. The rate of effectiveness was 64.15% in 159 patients who received cultivated Dong Chong Xia Cao. See Jiang Su Zhong Yi Yao (Jiangsu Medicine and Herbology) 1985; 5:46
- Hyperlipidemia: 273 patients with hyperlipidemia too 1 gram of Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily and showed marked decrease in LDL and TG and increase HDL. See Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi (Journal of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine), 1985; 11:652. Another study of 204 patients showed that Dong Chong Xia Cao decreases LDL but increases TG. See Qing Hai Yi Yao Za Zhi (Qinghai Journal of Medicine and Herbology), 1986, 3:22
- Low platelet count: Administration of Dong Chong Xia Cao is associated with an 83.3% success rate in raising platelet counts in 30 patients. See Hai Jun Yi Xue (Navy Medicine), 1986, 2:10
- Kidney impairment: 117 patients with compromised renal function were treated with 6 grams Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily with good results. See Shang Hai Zhong Yi Yao Za Zhi (Shanghai Journal of Chinese Medicine and Herbology), 1986; 8:29
- Tinnitus: 23 patients with tinnitus were treated with 6 grams of Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily for up to four weeks with good results. See Fu Jian Yi Yao Za Zhi (Fujian Journal of Medicine and Herbology), 1985; 6:42
- Arrhythmia: An effective rate of 64.9% was reported in 57 patients with arrhythmia treated with 0.5 gram of Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily for 2 weeks. See Zhe Jiang Zhong Yi Xue Yuan Xue Bao (Journal of Zhejiang University of Chinese Medicine), 1985; 6:28
- Cancer: Malignant tumors in 30 patients were treated with 1.5 grams of Dong Chong Xia Cao three times daily for 2 months. The study reported improvement based on symptomatic assessment in 93% of patients. See Shang Hai Zhong Yi Yao Za Zhi (Shanghai Journal of Chinese Medicine and Herbology), 1986; 10:25
Cordyceps for Aerobic Performance: Rhodiola crenulata- and Cordyceps sinensis-Based Supplement Boosts Aerobic Exercise Performance after Short-Term High Altitude Training. See High Altitude Medicine & Biology 09/2014; 15(3):371-379. See also PlumDragonHerbs blog post: Cordyceps for Sports Performance: The Latest Research
Cordyceps for Diabetes: Studies on the Antidiabetic Activities of Cordyceps militaris Extract in Diet-Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Sprague-Dawley Rats ( See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967809/pdf/BMRI2014-160980.pdf)
Cordyceps for Viruses: Anti-influenza effect of Cordyceps militaris through immunomodulation in a DBA/2 mouse model. (See Journal of Microbiology (Seoul, Korea) 07/2014; DOI: 10.1007/s12275-014-4300-0)
Cordyceps for Suppression of Malignant Tumor Growth: Extract of Cordyceps militaris inhibits angiogenesis and suppresses tumor growth of human malignant melanoma cells. (See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24789042)
Cautions and Contraindications:
Dong Chong Xia Cao has an extremely low level of toxicity. Mice have been shown to tolerate up to 45g/kg, approximately 250 times the therapeutic dosage in humans. Symptoms of overdose usually include generalized inhibition followed by generalized excitation, spasms, convulsions and respiratory depression.
For educational purposes only
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please be advised:
You should always consult with your doctor
before making any changes to your diet or nutritional program.
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 4.5 in|